Orange County Bioidentical Hormones Specialist
Orange County Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Arturo Portales, D.O. at OC Medical Tustin has been practicing medicine for over 25 years and has treated hundreds of men and women with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy programs. At OC Medical Tustin their goal is to optimize your health utilizing traditional and alternative medicine. They strive to treat health issues at the root cause, address lifestyle issues and educate you to maintain optimal wellness. Specialist Portales and the OC Medical Tustin team’s mission is to help you get well and live better! They believe that both men and women can feel healthy, vibrant and sexy at any age with the help of bioidentical hormones.
What are Hormones?
- Chemical messengers made by the endocrine glands that act to control certain actions of cells and organs
- Regain energy, muscle strength and greater ability to lose weight
- Increase mental clarity
- Work in a lock & key fashion
- Feel younger and happier again
- Increase quality of life while preventing age-related illness
Common Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
- Difficulty sleeping at night
- Lack of energy and fatigue during the day
- Reduced mental focus and memory
- Weight gain, including increased fat around the midsection
- Inability to lose weight regardless of healthy diet and exercise
- Moody, anxious or depressed
- Decreased muscle strength
- Muscle and/or joint pain
- Reduced sexual desire and performance
With the use of bioidentical hormones, we mimic nature and replace what the body is no longer producing or producing in suboptimal levels. Bioidentical hormones are the same chemical structure that is made by the body. For example, there are 3 estrogens produced by the body: estrone, estradiol, and estriol. When replacing these hormones, we use the same chemical formula, thus they are ‘identical’ to what nature provided.
Fact: Men and Women need Testosterone!
- Provides major symptom relief and protects the bones, brain, breast, heart and relationships!
- Large amounts in men — small amounts in women
- Present in both men and women
- Men age 30-70 will lose 1-3% production per year
- Women age 20-40 lose up to 50% per year!
What will bioidentical testosterone do for men and women?
- Increased Energy, Vitality & Zest for Life
- Improved Feeling of Overall Well-Being
- Depression Relief
- Anxiety Relief
- Improved Cognitive Clarity
- Improved Memory
- Improved Focus
- Cardiovascular Protection
- Reduced Body Fat
- Increased Bone Strength (Up to 8% annually)
- Increased Muscle Strength
- Lower Cholesterol
- Enhanced Libido
- Enhanced Performance
- Prostate Protection (men)
- Breast Protection (women and men) It’s rare, but men can get breast cancer too.
Fact: Both Men and Women need Estrogen!
- Large Amounts in Women, Very Small in Men
- Has over 400 Functions in the Body
- Controls Hot Flashes
- Maintains Bone Density
- Helps Maintain Memory
- Maintains Collagen in Your Skin
- Increases Serotonin and Dopamine (“Happy” Hormones in Brain)
Other functions of estrogen include: maintaining elasticity in the arteries, decreases wrinkles, decreases bad cholesterol and other risk factors for heart disease such as LDL and lipoprotein A. Estrogen also improves fine motor skill, improves insulin sensitivity, increases concentration, improves HDL (good cholesterol), increase water content in the skin which will help keep skin soft, maintains bone density, improves metabolic rate, protects against heart disease, and protects the eyes from macular degeneration and cataracts.
For best results, Specialist Portales uses high-quality hormone pellets and has 97% success rate in first-time dosing.
What are Hormone Pellets?
- Natural, plant derived compounds
- Same molecular structure as human hormones
- Lasts 4-6 months, which is longer than other treatments
- Individualized dosing
- Provides steady stream of hormone in your blood
- Most widely studied form of natural hormone replacement therapy
- Injected under the skin (you won’t even know it’s there!)
In addition to hormone pellets, Orange County Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Arturo Portales, D.O. offers hormones as injections and creams as well. Once his patients begin a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy program they will have a lab check after the first 4-6 weeks, then again in 6-12 months depending on patient. To get started, you will need a simple blood test to determine if you are a candidate for Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. For more information on how the hormone replacement programs at OC Medical Tustin can help you, call today to schedule your consultation!